By Brad Bridges
In a world of wireless technology and being connected 24/7 I thought it would be helpful to put together a list of 10 of my favorite apps and why I love them.
1) Waze – Waze provides very helpful traffic data, road obstacles, police locations, and even gas prices near your location.
2) File – File allows you to create text files that are easily shared to apps like Dropbox, etc. This eliminates a step in converting text information on your cell phone to data easily saved in dropbox.
3) MyFitnessPal – This app allows you to track not only your health progress, but also do so alongside of your friends and family in a private way.
4) Nozbe – Nozbe is a productivity powerhouse that can help anything from your business, to your team at work, to your family’s tasks that need to be completed.
5) Pacer – Pacer logs your steps throughout the day and easily integrates with MyFitnessPal to help you track your physical fitness. Pacer also alerts you when you have been stationary for over an hour.
6) Mint – This app provides an easy-to-use interface for looking at your entire financial portfolio. Some of the advanced features allow goal-setting, trend watching, and integration with not only financial information, but other assets.
7) Over – Over is a simple, but extremely powerful app. It allows you to easily create “picture quotes” where text can be overlayed onto pictures.
8) Skype – Most people think of Skype as a computer program. You can use Skype just as easy on your cell phone and you can make/receive calls (plus texts) from almost anywhere in the world.
9) WordPress – WP allows you to view your website statistics, create new blog posts, and moderate comments.
10) Dropbox – Dropbox allows you to access private files that you’ve saved on your computer, tablet, or other device for your use or your team’s use. The dropbox app for your phone gives you the capability of saving any type of file from your cell phone, to your Dropbox, and immediately share it with one to a hundred team members worldwide.
I hope you found this list helpful and are able to use some of these apps as well.
What is your favorite app? Let me know in the comments below.
*** Brad Bridges is the Vice President of the Malphurs Group and the Director of Leadership Systems Inc.’s Leadership Coaching Training Program. He coaches leaders and consults with organizations to accelerate strategic leadership. He and his wife Lindsey have two children and reside near Chicago, IL.
* Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net